Sparkle Shirt
A-
If you ever read a good review of the band Birds of America- disregard it. The same goes for anything on the Isoto record lable. Im pretty sure you wont though. There is a lesson in this for me- dont go to a record release party unless you know something about the lable or Band on it.
This brings up another big point I want to make, the Bay Area is really lacking in good shows. Maybe its just a winter downtime- but I didnt see much this summer either. Cat Power back in May was a nice treat but since then its been pretty slim pickin's. Was going to see 50 foot Wave about two weeks back but then discovered that they were just opening for X and tickets were $30- Since im not a huge X fan I can wait to see if K Hersh comes back this way on her own. Should have gone to see the Pixes or Social Distortion when they came to town but at the time I felt like this was an act in the same vain as the Mets signing Pedro. I guess I should'nt rule out Pedro having a good year either...
I tried to ride my bike every day these days. two weeks ago I bought a new one. I enjoy having it very much- I hope it likes me more than my last one.
I'm reading Pinsky's translation of the Inferno at the moment- I'm not very good with poems is the message I get for this book. I long to see this engagment over so I can return to the more solid ground of prose. It makes me somewhat sad to say this- I wonder if it means Im an unimaginative potato head- or a less skilled reader than I once thought. I suppose it good to have something that takes you down a notch though- the challenge should be the thing, no? Not the promise of ready made success- I take this to mean I'm a New Englander through and through.
Thinking that I should enroll in a math refresher course at UCBerk Extension- but its kinda expensive and I'm afraid there isnt much at this point that can help me learn math. I use to think this a noble thing- that I was more creative for it (not knowing math)- Now I take it as another sign that I'm a block head. I was so very sure that the left brainers were keepers of the golden chalice - now I wonder if there even is such a thing to hold.(this is not a metaphor to hint any change in my political convictions though- I still say DOWN WITH THE RIGHT!!! NO PASARAN!). Bottom line is I just want to pass the GRE.
I hope you are all well-
beso
z

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home