Break
Z-
I had to take a break from the computer. Now I am back. All the time it seems like something or other is going to give. I guess it is lucky when we get to chose what.
Winter continues to happen here. The lack of sidewalks is driving me crazy. Yesterday Abigail and I went to the mall to walk. The mall! We were there for hours going back and forth, ignoring the people around us.
Got to thinking this noon time about choices and things and the value of the dollar and the trade deficit and child labor. About toys for kids made by kids. About the economic implications of Fisher Price. And whether I should buy a car made in the United States. If the right is going all Walmart made-in-China on us, should the left pick up where they left off and buy American? I would love to hear anybody's opinion on this.
Well, dishes and laundry call. I should change my number.
love,
A

1 Comments:
Take it from someone who worked with GM (hybrids, at least) - there are no cars made solely in America. Just about all manufacturers have plants, and employ labor, around the globe. Ford cars have Mitsubishi components. Jaguar is now made by Ford (fairly sure). Saab is owned by GM. I believe there's GM cars using Toyota technology. Just dig out the Consumer Reports buying guide (I have one you can borrow) and go for the car with the least environmental impact that suits your needs - you're bound to be giving employ to many Americans, no matter what you buy.
Post a Comment
<< Home