A-
Monday is ending here. It has been a good Monday for me.
I spent the day in the city in and around the North beach area. Made the trip to City lights where I read a article by Eliot Wienberger on Ocatvio Paz. I was going to by the book but talked myself out of the purchase only to find another book called Fragments of Anarchist Anthropology that I did by. After city lights, I went to a record store where I didnt by anything. From there lunch was in order, so i found a place to have a burrito and a beer and did so. Both the burrito and beer (Anchor Steam) were delcious.
Back in Oakland I stopped at a cafe for a coffee and flirted a little with the very attractive cashier. After the eye language I sat down to read about Anarchist Anthropolgy and drink my coffee. The coffee was very good, but for 1.50 for a small, you really dont get much. It's very expensive here, I wonder how i'm going to be able to afford this new life i've choosen for myself. On thursday I have an interview with a guy at the Piedmont post. we shall see.
It's interesting you mention your father's Birthday was on Saturday. I happend to find myself in a used book store (it happens a lot here) where I discovered a copy of Paul Auster's "The Invention of Solitude" which is an essay of sorts he wrote after his father died at the age of 60, about his father life and death. It very much reminds me of Salinger's Seymour: An Introduction. Needless to say, I brought the book under some strange mood I was not really sure of except that I was thinking about my father. I wonder about my Grandfather as well, who despite his not being well, is an impossible man to get to know- you can sit in a room with him and he wont say a word for hours, not even his proximity of death has changed this. I dont know if this Auster book would be something your intersted in- I wouldnt blame you if you said no- but if so ill send it to you after im done with it.
more to come
beso
z-

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home