Sunday, January 15, 2006

your not him

A-

Sunday, no job tomorrow, feeling lethargic and decided that I wanted a hamburger. The burger has not help raise my energy level. Feeling sad and worried about things as I am accustomed to doing these days, I should just go out for a bike ride, Perhaps to Trader Joes and buy some yummy snacks. Maybe in a little bit.

Saw Kristin Hersh last night, very good show at the Swedish American Music Hall- played Snow Cat and Hate My Way for me. She tells good stories, her story about riding on a bus when she was younger sitting next to an old women who said she never leaves the house (told this to KH on a bus). When KH asked, "what bothers you about going outside?" The old women looked around shyish like and then whispered..."well look what they did to Jesus". Which is a dam good fucking point if you ask me.

(I hope KH doesnt mind me telling her story- but since you can now download the new 50 foot Wave EP for free at throwingmusic.com it would seem to me she isnt one to insist on her sole right to her intellectual labor- at least in terms of capital. Just in case KH or her lawyers stop by ye old Quiet City let it by known neither I nor A have ever made a dime off this blog..... Though I havent given up hope of getting a call from Harper Lee some day.


:later today
: decided to edit spelling mistakes and just say that I didnt think Broken Flowers was as bad as some seem to think it is. Some good sad awkward moments. Had a bit of a strange moment in Trader Joes when I realized that there was nothing I wanted to buy (what are Americans for if not to buy?), normally not the case. Got a couple of frozen things and the salad dressing I like, looked to see if they had a homeopathic remedy for being depressed- but I couldnt remember what such a thing might be or look like or even work or..they didnt have it anyway. rode bike home, finished reading Johnny Cash Bio (pretty good),talked to KT on the phone and told him I wanted to get the fuck out of city, out of area, he sounded concerned and tried to be reassuring about the Bay being a good place to be and that I need to have a plan and that things aren't going to get better if I just move- I suspect he's right and Im nuts, but thats the thing about being nuts- I dont have to be rational about anything I dont want to be rational about, Im mean look what they did to Jesus.

I think I'm going to stay up late reading cuase thats what I used to do when I was young and I didnt know what else to do or how to make things better-

what else,
not much- have tickets to see Cat Power in Feb. should be good- Maybe Sun Kill Moon but I really hate modest mouse next week. maybe I need to improve my attitude-

more soon,
l
Z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home