Monday, February 21, 2005

bars and stars

A-


Still no answeres. Im contempleting the switch from microsoft to Linux based on an inspiring conversation with KT this afternoon.

The rains relaxed their hold over the bay area for a short while today. For the last week it has rained nonstop, the grass in our yard has prospered as a result- it will need a mowing that it wont get- thus is the life of grass on rental property.

bought things again this weekend:

Books:

Bell Hooks: Where we Stand: Class Matters (an excellent- an might I add very helpfull to me in a many personal ways- look at the problem of class in America- debunking the idea that we live in a class less society)

Gramsci reader (selections from the prisonnote books and other articles for italian news papers all dealing with the popular culture of the day-includes an essay on the tenth chapter of the Inferno).

CD's

Neil Young: American Stars and Bars (pretty dame good)

The Dead Boys: Lounder/Snottier reissue (also pretty dame good)

John Coltrane: Giant Stepts (not much needs saying about this one, I was inspired after a talking about jazz the night before with BW, It was priced to sell at $5.99)

Almost done with the Dante: So far this is what Ive managed to get out of the whole thing: there could be a hell- it might be worse than I thought it to be. Took the inferno test that BW told me about online, I got the third layer of Hell- reserved for the Lustfull and some such other sins (When I die I will find out where Cleopatra is atra). I also have a new favorite quote "And the leader made a trumpet out of his ass"

Watched the Wilco video last night: It was fun to look at all the cool gear they have, also watch them make that album, Which Think is a good album (though its really the one by them I can listen to). I could do without the rest of the movie though- Im never impressed when I hear people in music industry talk. Overall I'm left with a poor impression of everyone is or was in the band Wilco.


hope all is well back east,

z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home