everyday is like sunday
A-
its late Sunday here now, monday there. I am tired but havent writen in a while, I will have to be short and try not to show that im feeling out of sorts these days. Apperences must be kept up as you know.
My new life cost more, that is one conclusion I have drawn. A new apartment, a practice space and and added commuter transportation fee have increased my cost of living quite a bit. This is not to mention an increased level of social activity due to being closer to the action and further away now from the person who made home a content place for me to be. Acts of Youth: Act Two.
I am not going to complain about my job. Instead I will say that I happy to be living in a place were walking and bike riding are all I need- that exploring new streets and neighborhoods is my new favorite thing to do. I'm always finding new nooks and conners with happy house sporting their sprouting urban grandens. I imagin myself have a place some such day somewhere- one with sunlight and green things growing all around me, something like living in a GL poem. Many worlds in one yard.
I would like to have a dog someday again in mylife, i would also like to have more time that wasnt me working, in the future i would use it to take that dog for walks. I dream about living in New York again, city or country. I wonder if I will ever really take to the city though- right now a quite road for miles on which I could ride a bike sounds wonderfull.
and so to bed,
goodnight.
Z

2 Comments:
Zac,
We missed you at Kari & Greg's wedding on Sunday.
The reception was held at the Magnolia Library. Great venue. Don't think books. Think old fashioned gym. Think echoes. Think lights hanging low enough to be hit by basketballs heading for the basket. Think kids running around & screaming to hear their voices reverberate. Think Cook brothers (but not Greg) drinking Bud.
Before the brothers arrived w/ beer, we (Amanda, Josh, Ariane, Tad then Jane, Patrick, and I) took turns gettings drinks at the Patio (a bar & restaurant across the street).
I had a gin y tonica in your name.
slainte,
James
Zac,
I didn't mention the wedding.
Beautiful blue sky behind the Cook brothers carrying ... what are they called? ... I'll say fabric placards: the one in the center depicting rocks and a river (Is that right?), the two on the outside each depicting a tree & birds. In front of this tableau, the Justice of the Peace w/ Greg and Kari on either side.
Kids -- mostly Cunninghams & Grammases -- ran around & yelled & played behind us as Kari & Greg recited the vows they'd written. The vows sounded like them. & I liked that.
O.K. I should get back to grading papers. More soon.
If Kari or Greg or both read these. Thank you for a great day.
Zac, how are things with you? How is the apartment? How are the new paths & haunts?
slan,
James
Post a Comment
<< Home