Wednesday, September 20, 2006

In terms of news

A-

Couple things:

Off to see Mission of Burma Tonight, opening is Kristian Hersh and her 50ft Wave. It's an evening of east coast punk rock. Truth be told Im really tired and would rather the sleep, but I bought the ticket and I do really want to see them so sleep be damed!

More Pogues shows were annouced so I sold my other ticket (the one I paid $100 for) and bought two, for one of the new dates, for TW and Myself, for the more resonable price of $75 a pop.

The big bit is this: While you may have heard some rumors it is now more or less official that I will be getting my ESL teaching certification this fall in hopes of teaching aboard sometime in the next year. While the question of how I am going to pay for the whole thing is still a bit uncertain I have received some Fin aid for the padres (handy they are, love them I must) and things look good to go. I dont know if this ammounts to any type of solution, but it does give me something to work for and a way out of the hell I have created for myself here in the Bay Area. To be honest this feels like part great notion, part failure, but maybe this is just becuase I am tired right now. It is at the very least one more steep toward acknowledging that I fucked something up somewhere along the way and now I must pay.


anyway

hope all is well back east
love to the family
z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home