Friday, August 13, 2004

No ring for you...

Z-

I haven't quite been on the other side of the desk, but pretty close for that first pregnancy and miscarriage, before we had health care and I had to try Mass Health. I can assure it isn't the person who nicely asks for a card or says I need one that I remember-- it is the doctor who acted like I had no right to be pregnant anyway and who seemed to think that my loss was better for society anyway. At least you know to try to treat these women with some dignity, like people. If it weren't you there it could be someone else who treats them like shit for one reason or another. As you know, the health care system sucks. But you have as much power in it as these women do. Next to none. The only power you do have is to treat them with respect. I can't imagine you doing anything else anyway. You may be the only one they see there who does, and they will appreciate that.

Right now I am so ready to go into labor it is ridiculous. Last night I had some contractions (spicy food and eggplant helped some), but the cervix does what it wants when it wants. I'm not due yet but my doctor is on vacation the week after I am due, so I would really like to go soon. It's not that I mind another doctor in her practice delivering, I would just rather have the decision to induce if needed be made by her.

I think Gata got herself knocked up. We should know in a week or two.

In poetry blogland this guy David Hess (http://heathensinheat.blogspot.com) called me a player hater. I don't think I am, but I might try it out for a while. Some controversy over the St. Peter's Fiesta Fuzzy Hat Law of Relations. Of course this is science and not my opinion. Related tot he hat, not the wearer. But Science can be confusing and we must carry on with unpopular theories, it is the only way to progress. Beware, Zac, the fuzzy hat-- its powers are like gravity.

Have a drink for me when you're drinking a few at the bar. And when I can, I will have a drink for you.

love, always,
A

p.s.- I met this Stephanie Young (http://stephanieyoung.durationpress.com) at the Poetry Mass Acre. She was lovely, and is in Oakland. Xtina says she wants to know when Whomever is born. Maybe you could get together for a toast-- toasting always works better when more than one person cares.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home