Sunday Morning
A-
A quite sunday morning here in Oakland, woke around 7am turned to see the valley thick with fog, went back to bed and slept till around 9:30. Made myself breakfeast and coffee and talked to my mom for a little while, am now doing some laundry while listening to the game. The fog is gone, replaced by a hot sunny day.
Spent yesterday in the City with AM, walked around the Mission and the Haight, both of us somewhat hungover. Having never been to the Haight before I was surprised by how muched I liked the famous hippi haven- pretty houses, and a large record store (didnt buy anything- but considered some Ernest Tubb, Lucinda Williams and the Kinks). The Haight is kinda like Salem, but with a hippi theme instead of witch theme, if you get past the tourists, cheesy slock, and a loud harry krishna parade its kinda a nice place.
Everytime I go into the city I wonder why I'm not trying harder to find a place to live there. Oakland is good, but I tend to think I would be happier in the City, which just has more of what I want to live in. Now that I have a somewhat secure job and the promise of a cheak every week I can start to look for an apartment. Still waiting to hear from my friend who should be arriving in a week or two about if we are going to look for a place together.
My job is not very excieting except for the money part of it. Right now im registering people for mamograms and ultrasounds, sometimes women look at me like they dont want me to talk to them- I dont blame them, but other times they are very happy to talk to me- sometimes i have to talk to people in Spanish- which makes me very happy. I will continue to look for something better, and have started to develop an in at the Oakland Tribune, which could yeild a news clerk position in the future.
I would like to go for a walk in the Hills of oakland today but cant find a person to go with me. maybe ill just go get an ice cream somewhere and read my book- finished my Behan and have moved on to Kelman, last night I watched the Boxer on tv, more on my current revamped obsession with all things cletic later but suffice to say I find a lot of the themes very close to my own situation in life.
Also, I should say that here that on friday KP sent me what is now one of my prized possesions, an amazing picture of a scene from moby dick. I must remember to write a thank you note out long hand for this as I know she is not a fan of the commputer.
I hope your day is going well
besos
z

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home