I'm so tired...
Z-
Abigail is a good sleeper, but I am still exhausted. James is watching Cheney speak, babe in arms, explaining just how what he is saying is wrong. I am finally trying to write. I don't know how long I will last.
One week old today and I can't begin to explain how much everything has changed. Every morning when I wake up I look over at Abigail in her bassinette and am amazed that she is there. I wake up just to see her. We spend hours nursing and cuddling. Her eyes are getting lighter, they will probably stay blue. She has this little trick she does. When she is on my shoulder she lifts her head up until she is even with my cheek and tries to suck on my chin.
Today we went for our first walk. Library, Common Crow, the corner near Mystery Train for a little chat with Jack Evans. Lone Gull, Cape Ann Savings Bank, then James went to Virgillio's to get a couple St. Joseph's and I met him on the boardwalk by St. Peter's Square. To the Bookstore to with P.D. a happy birthday. Cafe Sicilia for my first espresso and to show Anna she was right. Then home, quickly home, as Abby reached her limit.
I wish you were around to see this. James and I have taken a bunch of pictures; we are working on getting them developed. I'll send some along. P.D. took some digital photos, which are online. I will send you the link. Unless I slack off. I might slack off. But I will send it soon.
I'm tired now and have no more words. I use them all on Baby Girl, cooing and singing and telling her I love her.
A

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home