Monday, August 23, 2004

Feel the future kicking in your womb...

Z-

After being pregnant for so long you would think I would be able to handle a few extra days, right? These past few have seemed longer than most of the months they follow.

Days have been full of long walks, swims and naps. Spicey food. Eggplant. Ginger tea. I'm trying my best but baby seems right comfortable in there. I've had some painful contractions but without the regularity and frequency that mean true labor. Tomorrow I have an appointment and if nothing happens by Friday they will be helping me out.

Tonight I packed music to take with me to the hospital. Mostly things I find comforting for one reason or another. Kate Rusby to sing along with, Leanord Cohen if it all feels too much. Beulah and Neutral Milk Hotel. Poques and Johnny Cash. Not too much with spunk, which I might regret. Given my cervix there's probaby time to pack more. There is Social Distortion. And the cd you made for my birthday.

I have to get a knitting project together to take with me. My sister assures me I will be bored. I am also trying tot hink of what to take to read. Maybe something crazy in case I decide I need drugs. Any recommendations?

I'm doing my best here... I promise you a baby soon.

love,
A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home