Saturday, August 14, 2004

Poetry

A-

It's overcaste here today and somewhat raw out, like a late fall day in New England.

I am surround by kids and in a irritable mood. Poetry is part to blam for this, but so are many things. I read over some of the sites you linked in your last. Spent the day wondering around Oakland trying to expell some demons that had gotten into me almost, Lakeshore drive was surround in with Socialist Workers handing out their newspaper in favor of Ralph Nadder. Although I wanted to tell them to burn in hell I continued to bottle everything inside to the point that not even my burrito tasted good to me. The walk I took around lake merrit helped some but I stil cant shake these wee beasties that are now eating my left lung.

I am still wrapped up in my recent job woes which are being played to by my reading of How Late..., the frustration of being lost in everything, blind and not trusting a soul. I am glad that i dont smoke as much as I used to but at the same time i could really use my own pack.

I dont feel ready to welcome the new soul thats about to join us. little of it depends on me, and this should not be confused for the happieness I feel for my two friends. But what am I say to a child who ive been asked to serve as sometype of negative prototype too. nothing positive.

Im going out to night with AM to a little place called the Ruby Room. the last time we were there the dj played really bad butt rock that didnt rock, we are hopping it will be different this time. I would like to ask that any pretty girls in the Oakland area who read this meet us there. AM has tatooed arms and Ill have a black t shirt on- it will say Oakland on it (a recent thrift store purchase).

Im not sure if its good of me to diss poets and their doings- but I still dont think very highly of the world I witnessed, and still hear rumblings off. The over all effect for me is that I dont want to write anymore- similar to the reason I stop playing music on any serious level. I dont write, nor do I read poetry or listen to it. I personally think its all pretty toxic shit- remember though I am a "fan of poetry". Im really gald I wasnt in boston during the last big event- I'm glad that I'm away from that.

z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home