Monday, June 27, 2005

Strike

A-

A pending BART, the Bay Area train system I used to get to work everyday, Strike has added a bit of stress to my life. Im not sure how im going to get to work right now and may have to rent a car. Only a couple people at work live in the City so ride share is a bit diffecult. Of those (there are only two) who do live here only one has a car and drives to work.

I also not very happy with my new home. My roomates are always on something- normally just pot, but there are a few other goodies thrown every now and than for good measure. The lack of light and cramped messiness of the whole thing are not much to this hombody's liking. On friday I looked at another apartment in the nieghboorhood which was everything I've wanted a home to be, the only problem is the price of $750 a month. Which atop everything else I pay seems to be out of budget. I am questioning if perhpas its worth the cost for a bit of happiness. There is also the thought that this is more or less what I pay now if one considers the $150 im spending for a practice space a month, which at the moment isnt getting much use. I go back and forth on the issue thinking that perhaps I should embrace the part of me that says having a place to live where I feel comfortable is worth it more than having a lot of disposable income. Stay tuned.

I cant find my leonard Cohen Cd so im listening to other things I dont want to listen to that much right now. None of them are doing the trick I'm sorry to say. I tried to play Lucinda Williams but the cd player rejected it so I've moved on to the Galaxie 500- they make me think of Cambridge. Perhaps I am going round the bend to miss that old gray mare.

and in Baseball: Frist place is a good place to be but one has to wonder about the bullpen which seems to be hot only when theres nothing left to chance. I might add that it is, still as JC says: "Early". Its a strange summer where Im more worried about the O's, the other Sox then i am about the Yank's. So be it, bring 'um on.

The mountain goats show was pretty good- not as special as seeing him circa Full Force G. - none of the songs from which he played at the show. I was also a little put off by the crowd sing along to No Children. Oh well still a good friday night.

goodnight
z



goodnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home