Tuesday, June 01, 2004

and so we say

A-

Last night I met a poet by the name of Sandra Simonds who is very familiar with everyone back home, though mostly through the blog world. She'll be reading at the JB's (not the dog) poetry massacre thing at Wordsworth sometime this summer. This is more than strange to me, though I must say also welcomed, it was nice to have something in common with someone out here for once. It was a coincidence of Austerian proportion.

My advice for anyone who is going to try to fill my shoes is don't try. But if you must. In terms of you two fighting- there are two things a person can do in such an event 1) If they find themselves at your house, I recommend they continue to help themselves to your beer, eventually one of you will get tired and either go to bed or storm off into the other room and listen to moody noise art rock. 2) In event that both of you get tired and never return from the room in which you are fighting in, that third person should help themselves to your beer, perhaps listen to the rest of the game, or some noisy art rock and then stumble home. Either way, I don't advise trying to get in between any of it- I would and have, but like I say, my shoes can't be filled- Just drink the beer and ride the storm.

Bought some music today. First CD was Sabadoh's Bake Sale, and Sonic Youth's Evol. The Sabadoh didn't do anything for me on first listen, even sounded a little emoish. The Sonic Youth however was perfect, even the liner notes, which talk about a girl who moves from Maine to the Bay Area where she discovers SY for the first time. The sound of trashy guitars and dirty lyrics, symphony violence, its just what I need right now. Almost bought a Hank Williams cd which is one of the few I've seen that had Angel of Death on it, I opted not to buy out of financial consideration.

I miss you all as well. I wish I had an answer for it other than this is where I need to be for right now. It wont always be this way.

The Angels have just tied the game at 4.

They now lead it 6-4


beso
z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home