Sunday morning coming down....
Z-
That sounds like an exciting Saturday night. James and I watched the Revolution game then went to bed. Both of us had long and tiring days. James spent the day working on the house with Tad (there is now a hole in the hallway upstairs). I went to a Wool and Sheep festival with my sister.
The festival was in Western MA. Cummington, to be exact, a little bit past North Hampton on Route 9. We met for breakfast at Lobsta Land before we left- a meeting that was complicated by my in-laws showing up in Gloucester at 7 in the morning and calling the house from the rotary just as we were about to leave. No big problem. We took over the back room for E, her 5 kids, the parents and PJ, James and I. I was a little stressed out.
E's 3 oldest went to Jess and Haig's for the day. The ride out with 2 wee ones was much easier, I think. Lots of fleece and roving and sheep and baa-ing at the festival. One lamb that was being sheared let out such a bellow that Caleb freaked out. Over all it was a small and quiet affair and turned out to be pretty relaxing.
We stopped at a diner in Florence on the way home. Each table had a jukebox with its own speakers. I played a bunch of Johnny Cash (very cute to see Elijah get down to Ring of Fire). I ate enough food I shouldn't have to make me feel cruddy for the rest of the day.
*
I think you are probably right to want an apartment and job ASAP- as nice is family is it is always easier to get along with them when you aren't totally reliant. And I think 10:30 is too late to call. Bad boss. But if it turns out okay then so it goes. Probably a cruddy movie didn't help. I haven't seen any of those Columbine films. I guess I feel like I was close enough to Simon's Rock that I don't need to watch other people go through it.
I did watch a crappy movie on Fox on Thursday night. America's Sweethearts. Perfect for that mindless state I was in after waking from a late-afternoon nap. Real cheesy. Just right.
I've got to clean now- Chris is coming out overnight and maybe Xtina too, so I should find my guest bed.
Gata sends her love and a coy look I haven't been able to interpret.
Me too.
A

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home