Friday, May 28, 2004

A-

I did in fact see much of the game last night before the show. It was made worse by my cousins who kept teasing me about the whole thing. They're good kids though. We get the series win, a small something. It's early.

Cat Power was great. Although I had to leave early to get the last train back to Oakland, I got to hear some of my favorites- the most important being Good Women. There didn't seem to be any of the outburst that I have heard talk of with Chan, but perhaps having a band with her now keeps her grounded. Perhaps.

The Tenderloin was fine, even pleasant as I walked back to the train station in the midst of a warm drizzle falling from the sky. It was like being in a French film noir movie. At one point a women on the street stopped me saying "you should smile, you have beautiful eyes". It made me feel good, even though I was most interested in not lingering around that area of town. When no one is around love will always love you. When I got home last night I was feeling sad again so I wrote G. a tipsy sad emial than I went to bed.

I'm very tired today, didnt get much sleep last night, I would like to take a nap but Idont think this is going to happen. I have to get a story for the post written (my little test) and edit another press release for Sunday.

Spent part of today in the touristy Suasalito, had a really good lunch and then drove through the Marin Headlands (overlooking the Pacific and the entire Bay) over the Golden Gate Bridge down into the city. It was the most amazing thing ive seen since I got here. You both have to come see it sometime- a little like the Cliffs of Mohar (sp?) and Dingle mixed in one and bigger.

Heres something interesting, the last person to stay in my room at my aunt and uncles house died of a drug overdose (a long story which I dont want to tell). This kinda creeps me out.

take care
z



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home