Red Star
A-
The Stars won their first game since I arrived to Oakland last night. It was good win too, although the ump I must say had a strange idea of where the strike zone was. In the 5th inning the Stars took the lead for good (LL games are only 6 innings) after the opposing team picher loaded up the bases twice in one in inning, the poor bugger finally had to leave the mound in tears after he hit his second batter. The good news for me is that I am now cleared of suspicions of cursing the family teams as both the stars and the white sox (older cousins team) have been on losing streaks since I got here- not only did last nights win break the curse, but despite the news that Eric Chavez will be on the DL for at least three weeks with a broken arm, the A's still won in the 12th with a walk off home run (not sure who they played). Just between you and me, I think the A's stink.
Yes blogs are good for something it seems, I'm enjoying this. Friendster on the other hand is the most absurd little device I have ever encountered. Friendster my ass, I now what it is to be a baseball card.
I was planning on buying a bike yesterday but then spent most of the morning and afternoon writing up cover letters, one for an Administrative Assistant position and the other for with a Non profit temp agency that was recommended to me, so it goes, sera sera, sera. Letter I had lunch at pleasant little Italian bakery on Piedmont Ave. I had tried to go to before, but was very crowded and reminded me of the Grange. The second time I went it wasn't so crowded, I also noticed they had a help wanted sign up in the window, I wont be applying there. Next time you stop by the Grange tell them I said hello.
The Piedmont Post appeared yesterday with three pieces by me in it. Perhaps one day ill be paid for something I write, seeing as I'm not trying to be creative or anything and I use dinky words that everyone can understand I don't think I'm asking too much. Maybe it's just my attitude that holds me back.
Today I'm going to finish off a letter and then try again to buy that bike (I'm not going to buy any CD's or books). I don't know where I'll have lunch, I know that it will be on my own when and where I do.
yours,
z

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home