Sunday, June 27, 2004

San Pedro

A-

I know that soon you will be wondering down through the Fort, that San Pedro's job for the weekend being done he will be returned to his perch. This night is one of those times when Gloucester is not part of America, an older bloodline runs to the central artery, but whose blood it is anyone guess. I haven't seen a Fiesta in two years, you will have to make me promise you that I'll be there next year.

The reading was bad- Both SS and I agreed on this. Oakland's strongest were just not out. We didnt stay long, an hour of poetry is about all I have in me, the memory of a longer poetry event still stings. Still it was nice to get out and be doing something with people, it helps one to feel more human- even if that Human is a New England Human.

Spent the rest of the somewhat tired, truth be told a little hungover, watching Young Frankenstien with Cousin and Aunt. My cousin had a hard time with the humor, after they headed to bed I watched 24 Hour Party People, Manchester after the Sex Pistols. Thought it was a pretty good movie- made me think there's a similar possibility here in Oakland, the ugly stepson to San Francisco. Lots of empty warehouses, and considerably less expensive (though still pricey). Started to imagine myself being part of something out here- I want to start a band again and play for free in empty warehouses. An alternative Ulster in Oakland, I'll play the part of the white man.

Finished my stories and sent them off to my boss today, listened the game- I think that I speak for everyone in saying that it's a dam good thing we won today. On to the Bronx. But for now a rest.

beso
Viva San Pedro
z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home