Monday, June 28, 2004

Viva!

Z-

So tired today. When I tried to put cream in my coffee this morning at Lobsta Land I dropped the whole thing in and didn't notice until I tried to stir it.

Fiesta was good this year, but different. The only bar we went into was the Rigger and that was to leave the baby carriage while we were in Jalapeno's. We still did a lot, but the faces were different. Xtina on Sunday, and Ariane for a while. Gerrit and his guest joined us for the walk through the fort. Greg was there the whole time but no Josh. We missed you and Babs horribly. Your spirit was invoked at Jalapeno's last night-- WWZD? What would Zac do? The question was whether James should have another margharita. The answer was obvious.

My girth is slowing me down. I get a little frayed on days when we just go go go. Snap a little, get a little off. Little things like not being able to fit the back seatbelt over my belly. It is funny how much attention a belly can get. All the old Italien women just stare and smile. Old crushes (or are they crush-ers) get smiley. It is an event.

The boys (4of the 5) are here now. A. is in a big whining phase. We were going to go to Lighthouse Beach but his neck hurts. Earlier it was his stomach. I'm not too upset, the beach with 4 boys under 9 is probably more than I should try to do right now. It is nice to have them here. Nice how they just get back into the swing of it. Nice that they are happy. Elijah just came in a few minutes ago and said "Manna hoffeee?" It took me a few minutes to realize that he wanted me to have a cup of coffee. Sweet kid. Knows me well. Of course at 20 months he isn't making me coffee yet, but reminding me I should have it is good.

James and Elizabeth are painting at the house now. Living room yellow, kitchen red and the hall between them orange. We got Brazilian Blue for the bathroom and some sage for the bedroom.

*

Didn't get to finish this earlier, I guess with 4 boys nothing ever gets done really. James and I just had dinner (pasta and jarred sauce- the dinner of champions). We are too tired to do anything else.

There was a good reading this weekend here. Mike County and Jim Dunn backed up by a band. Good show, but my poetry days are nearing an end. It's just too long to sit without squirming. I ended up on the floor Saturday night.

We turned on EEI thinking there was a game but it is tomorrow. No baseball for us tonight.

I nearly bought a foam lizard at Fiesta to send you. The big thing this year was the fuzzy hat. Furry, really, pimp-like. I came up with this theory that whover was wearing one wasn't getting any. The jury's out, as none of us had first-hand experience with a furry hat.

Quick notes on Fiesta:

I body-checked a 13-year-old drunk girl on the cut bridge after she was so oblivious she made Andrew walk on the street. Turned and sweetly said 'scuse me.

Peter "Black" Frontiero won the Sunday greasy pole. He hadn't won for 9 years but was THE champion before that. Old guy, 36 I think. And if I recall correctly he was injured on the pole a few years ago. A big crowd-pleaser.

One guy walked the pole in black-face. He was dressed as Ricky James.

The sailors weren't as good looking this year. Might have something to do with me not being drunk. I did get one "Hello Sailor!" in.

Ambie ran out of sausages this year, sometime on Sunday before 6.

If I play and win the lottery I am buying the St. Peter's club back from the Fashion Fish people and putting Pete back on Main St.

Anna at Cafe Sicilia thinks I am having a girl. So far every immigrant who has said anything says girl. Lucy says boy. We'll see soon.

The wind blew the confetti around better after the parade on Sunday than at the very end. I'm sending some along.


Well, I think I am going to bed soon. I'm so exciting these days.

Love and miss you,
A






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home