Monday, June 07, 2004

Z-

I have been waking up early these days. Maybe my body is trying to get me ready for the we one. Who knows, but I was up before 6 today without any coercion.

I will talk about baseball briefly: Nomar may be back in the next couple of days. Put Pokey at second, I say, and let third be a rotation for all those guys who play third.

We had a great weekend here. Saturday's reading and party was loads of fun. Most of the kids from the city came. Many left pretty early to get back for another reading. Those remaining watched the Belmont Stakes. Jim Dunn was of course for the horse from Philly, the favorite, Smarty Jones. Mike County and Simon Pettet chose Rock Hard Ten (I think this was Charlie Schively's horse too). Gerrit and Xtina chose Birdstone, completely on the name. What a surprise when Birdstone won.

We stayed a the Lansing house for hours and hours. Much food and drink was consumed. Mike and Jim were Mike and Jim (I can't wait for the football season). People touched my belly a lot. It is getting very big. We left near 1, the rest of the kids stayed until around 3.

Sunday morning back to Gerrit's and we sat around until noon or so. Brunch at the Blackburn, very nice, but I wasn't so fond of the jazz guitarist (he tried to do too much). To Knowlton Square to talk to James for a while, then home, then bed.

I'm just about to make a long list of things to do today. Have you got any Bloomsday plans? I am determined to make James eat a gorgonzola sandwich, since I can't have blue-veined cheeses. Maybe I should pack him a Bloomsday lunch.

I've got to go find my Sears card so I can buy a washer and dryer today. Wish me luck.

A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home