Saturday Calling
A-
My day started with a trip down to Ace Garden Center to get some info for the story I have to do on the Bird House Raffle contest. Being a part time journalist in a small town is funny. The story is mostly just the names of the 44 winners of bird houses and bird art. Yesterday I covered a concert at a park in Piedmont featuring the fusion sounds of Zox- a east coast band whose singer songerwriter is a Piedmont native. Zox formed at Brown university, and have been blending Rock, jazz, Reggae, ska, Classical and Punk for about a year and a half. You should check it out: www.zoxband.com, I'm told they play at the Middle east and Lupos all the time. Zox would love to play your college. I still have to do a story on this movie that a bunch of Piedmont highschoolers have been working on, a fantasy "lord of the rings type of thing" called "The Age of Ruash".
I am not going to say anything about Baseball right now.
Tonight is my Aunt's Margarita Party, she rented a Slushy machine to make them. She told me today that one of her Friends is bringing her 21 year old Niece whose visiting from Georgia over tonight. I dont know how I feel about all of this. I would like to spend the night back at the Bar where I met that poet the other night- They play the clash and Tom Petty on the juke box, and have Baseball games on TV- its a great dive bar called Smitty's.
Sometimes I get so overwelmed by worry out here right now that I can't move. Even though I have a job now, its not enough money for me to start to make my own life. I try to tell myself it will all work out, but I am the worrying kind. I've been sending out letters and resumes to anything and everthing, and have some contacts who have put in good words for me at Non Profit Positions. I'm really enjoying my experience out here, but the worry is there, always in the back of my mind. In the end the only thing that rest my mind is that I tell myself "There's no turning back". I could go on with this, I am not going to though- positive thinking- lots of sun- a mystery train, three way plane, expressway to my skull.
Thinking of you,
please remember me to those who are so disposed to remember, I send my hellos and what not.
beso,
Z

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home